Saturday, September 27, 2008

Amazing Grace





Will hold a new meaning for me next time I sing it in church and for the following days when I'm singing it in my head or looking up cool versions on YouTube.

If you haven't seen the movie, Netflix it.

Just the thought of slavery makes me emotional. It breaks my heart to think about our own history of slavery here in the United States. And it frustrates me that for some reason most people tend to think this is the only or the main place slavery occurred. And it saddens me, that still, to this day, despite our desire to think it ended with our own abolition, it continues.

But my heart swells with pride to think of all the people that fought to end slavery here and abroad. And to those that are still fighting, THANK YOU!

Here is a link to the history of William Wilberforce, a man who fought to have slavery abolished in the British Empire.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/history/special/131christians/wilberforce.html

At the top is the movie cover and a book I'll be purchasing soon(which goes along with the movie)
Amazing grace Leann Rimes
This one is not from the movie but I think this one and Elvis's(yes, Elvis) are my Favorites. Share with me which is your Fav.

No comments: