Wednesday, December 31, 2008

D-land of course!!!!






Now, we don't go to Disneyland that close to holidays usually. It's way to crowded. But I was getting that D-land itch and just had to go. I told the kids from the beginning, we probably wouldn't be going on any rides. We were just going to see the Christmas parade and the fireworks. We left mid morning to go visit some friends who were in town, and some who weren't and have lunch. Then we did some Christmas shopping(I think that's crazier than going to D-land during the Holiday season. I try to get my shopping done by November) Then we headed over to Disneyland. You know it's crowded when you have to park at Minnie in the parking structure. But I wasn't very worried. I wasn't having one of those "mommy's stressed out" days at all. The parade started at 6:30 and we got to the park at 6pm. That's enough time to ride the tram get in to the park, maybe even buy some hot chocolate and find where we want to watch it. BUT........ Luis' pass had expired. Phooey!! So we went running to customer service. And it was closed. Shoot. We ran back to the entrance and asked if we had to go to the costumer service by California, the said no just go to ticket booth 5. So off we sprint again. And still, surprisingly, not stressed at all. We get to the booths and there are no numbers on them HA HA. And guess what, still not stressed I'm actually laughing. we stand in line, renew our pass which takes seconds. And then RUN to the gate for the 3rd time lol. They scan the pass and it makes the same, "This pass is crap" sound it made before, shoot. I tell her we just renewed it and she lets us in. (If I wasnt a truthful person I would have tried that in the first place, darn) At this point the parade music starts and I ask the girl checking us in, "Does the parade tonight start at Small World or the Entrance Circle. It starts at the entrance cirlce. Crud, we've missed the 1st 3 floats. Ok, I I think we can out run this thing........ And off we go!!!!!!!!! We are booking it though the park, through the crowds, our feet are flying. And never once did either kid complain and I'm still not stressed! Isn't that amazing. Even having to go back and fourth trying to figure out how to get to opposing sides of the street, in some places they have it roped off so weird! But we totally kicked the parades butt. We made it to Small World like 10 minutes before the Parade arived and had great seats!!! After the parade we went down to main street to stock up on goodies. We were having carmel apples and hot chocolate for dinner while we waited for the fireworks and I don't care what anyone has to say about that ; ) The fireworks were great of course : ) and afterwards we did some more Christmas shopping at the Quicksilver Store in Downtown Disney were everything was 50% off woo woo

No comments: