Friday, December 19, 2008

Sierra's First Band performance

Was on Wednesday night. Some of you might now elementary school band performances or cute in a giggle to yourself kind of way. There are lot's of squeaks and bad notes but your kids is learning to play an instrument so hey what can ya' do. I think I was just as nervous for Sierra as she was nervous herself. But I have to say She did the best solo by far! And I'm not just speaking as her mom. There was another little girl that she was supposed to play this her song with but the other little girl also take private lessons on sax and didn't want to play with Sierra. So the both played the song separate times. This little girl had been very subtly trash talking to Sierra in the months leading up the performance. Telling her she should just try practicing more and maybe she should take private lessons. So I was worried for Sierra. Secretly wanting her to do well partly just to show it to this little girl. Sierra went first and she did so good. The only one with flow and who moved from note to note with fluidity all night. So when it was this girls turn I braced myself and tried to put all those mean thoughts out of my head. I was tempted to record her just so if she did bad I could show both videos here so everyone could see who was better and then erase her if she did better than Sierra LOL. But I was a good girl and just watched her. But I'm still going to say that Sierra blew her out of the water HA!. And several people told me so! I'm posting on video of the whole band, you cant see Sierra, Sax's are in the back. And then Sierra's solo. She's only been playing for 3 months so, um.... be nice : )

No comments: