I'm so thankful it snowed this year! And when it snows all the way down to around 3,000 feet I do a little jig of joy. I love driving up to Oak Glen, it's only 45 minutes from here and pretty much a straight shot up Winchester. It's such a quaint little town. I've been meaning to stop by Riley's farm for the longest time and yesterday we finally did. You all should go!! It's totally cute and full of charm, which is perfect for me!!! And the kids just LOVED it!. It's one of the colonial places where most of the people who work there are all dressed up and friendly. I would love to live in this house!! Seriously it's my dream home. It has a stream running through the property and a little pond. They even have a cow family. And what makes all of that perfect is that the people totally let you walk around the property, over the little bridges and around the little pond and right up to the cows. And they totally let you play in their snow. There were little snow forts and built for snowball fights and a huge snowman. So for a day the kids and I lived in out dream home, drank hot chocolate by our fire, made snow angels, built snowmen, had snow ball fights, walked over our bridges that take us over to the other side of our stream where we went to pet our cows and baby calf's. That was a big Merry Christmas gift all on it's own. (they also have a little shop there with awesome, well prices handmade toys. So I got the best stocking stuffers. A sling shot carved in like a moose, a bow and arrow set, a wooden sword and a popgun!!! Hmmm.... daddy, is it your influence that makes them like weapons?? And they people there were so helpful, since I wanted these to be a secret so I could give it too them on Christmas. I told the waiter what I wanted and he just added the items to my lunch bill and then went out to the store and covered them all up and snuck them to me while the kids were back out having a snowball fight and I was taking our left overs to the car. They Rock!)
2 comments:
Oh my goodness, so jealous! Wish we would have gone with you!!!! It looks and sounds perfect!
If it snows again we'll all go up together!!!
Post a Comment