Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Whale Watching!!!!!!!







Omgosh guys! We went and Capt Daves Dolphin Safari! It was super awesome! I'd go again in a heart beat. If you ever go, use Capt Dave in Dana Point. Its costs a little more but its so worth it. The boat is smaller and we could totally manuver around the other ships that were whale watching to get the best views. And there were nets in the front on the boat that the kids could lay on (and get soaked) but they are right above the water and creat a fun viewing exsperiance for them. Then the is the hydrophone to hear the dolphines and an under water view pod. Plus you get a brownie at the end cant beat that at all. I didnt get really good whale pics, sorry. But we stayed with a hump back whale and her calf for about 25 minutes. It was so amazing to see. Hector wasnt impressed of course, because he touched a whale(not at Sea World) He and his guys were out at "crazy" in the morning to do a run and a boat excersize using there boat thingys (love the way I describe his high tech military stuff lol) and a whale had beached itself. The marines little pushed the whale out to sea and several times each time swimming it further in into the water and it kept beaching itself : ( Sad.... Ok so anyways, he was like, wow a whale. Then we went to find a pod of dolphins and that was soooooooo super exciting, even for Hector. It was the only point during the trip that he was into it. To see so many dolpins diving n and out of the water and see them swmimming in front of our boat in the jet stream having a blast. And under the boat nets where you could reach out and touch them, priceless!!! The millions of pelican on the pier were super stinky, blah. And the sea lions on the bouey were cute at usual. But the brownie, omgosh! If I could have the recipes I'd be one happy lady! (especialy during a certian time of the month) Ok this was long for me! So you know I had a great time! Call Capt Dave!

No comments: