I'm going to post post some pics of our drive across country! This is my 4th trip across county. So I've seen it from every view lol. When we come back home we are making a ton of stops and taking out time! The first time we drove across it was to take Hector to Virginia, where he was stationed for about 10 months. Since he would need his car we decided to drive across early and take the kids to Walt Disney World and then the kids and I would fly back home from Florida while Hector drove up to Virginia. It was great! We stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge which is amazing!! The flight home was a trial to say the least. The airports were still in 911 panic mode. I got picked to be searched, my babybag was flagged for explosives. HELLO... my husband is a marine and prob had some gun powder residue on his hands. So there I am with my two kids lugging our carry on back, our carseat ( luis was under 2) a stroller and a diaper bag!! Oh and a purse. Really lets just see how much this lady can juggle. Well I can juggle alot I've been a military wife all of my adult life. And I can do without cussing you out and while making it fun for the kids AND say "Thank You" and "Have a nice day" LOL.Everyone in the line was freaking out, Its so nice when people stick up for you publicly!! When they finally let me go I had 7 minutes to get to my plan LOL This really sweet Spanish Soccer player, there to go to a world game. (I later found out it was World Cup season, so I have no idea who this guy was but apparently he's an awesome soccer player)offered to help by carrying everything but my kids along with his own bag. Now remember its 911 season. Tons of warnings were issued about strangers in the airport. I just threw up a quick prayer and said "That would be amazing"!!! The plan was completely loaded, so here I am walking down the aisle and I know everyone is thinking please say she's not sitting by me and please God help that baby not to cry LOL Believe me I was praying the same thing. Luis was for sure a cryer and he hated sitting on anyones lap for more than a minute! So I'm seated next to this total rocked out looking guy, oh crap. Luis is quiet for the first 10 minutes of the flight and then it started......... he wanted down. And the high pitch, scream cry began!!! I said and prayer constantly until he fell asleep 45 minutes later. YEP he cryed for 45 minutes. Those poor people. I appoligized and appoligized to everyone. I'm so thankful that the rocker guy imideately pulled out earplugs! Thank you Jesus! Got out his laptop, double thank you Jesus and put on a movie and when the people kissed on the movie he turned it so Sierra could not look at the comp! He was so considerate, so patient, never game me a dirty look, never made me feel as if I had ruined his day! It made up for the lady down the aisle and her mean glares!
Someone how this turned into our first flight story LOL
Ok back on track, second time across country was a girls road trip!! WOOT WOOT I will never forget it! I love road trips! Constant talking and music and seeing new things! All great! It was a trip to go see daddy while he was stationed in Virginia. We stopped by the Grand Canyon on the way there we drove there the south way on the 40 and stayed in Washington DC, did the tourism thing! Then we went and visited our friend Jena who moved to North Carolina and drove back home. Now we were supposed to drive home on the 70 but I cant remember, Kris did we end up driving home on the 40 since we had to go see Jena after DC instead of before??? I do regret not stopping by Mount Rushmore on the way home, but boy was I beat at the time.
So this drive out here, for my turn in North Carolina ( my friend Jena has since moved back home to Cali) is my fourth time across country. We took the 70 and it was beautiful! I fell in love with Colorado! I asked Hector immediatly if there were any Marine Corps bases there!!! If only we had been stationed there for recruiting!!! It will definetely be one of our stops on our drive home. I will go river rafting or skiing, whichever season it is!! And we will go to Sacramento and drive south threw all the Redwood forests we can hit!!! Because that has been on my checklist of things to do for a few years now! And this trip will be my 5th across country and maybe my last...
Unless Hector fullfills his dream of getting an RV when he retires and doing the whole go to EVERY SINGE BASEBALL STADIUM trip ahhhhhhhhhhhh Lord, Jesus Help me!!
I think all of road trip pics are on my phone. I'm trying to learn how to use Mobile Blogger and then I will upload them! Yes we were smart and had the guy pack out camera charger LOL
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/
http://www.nps.gov/grca/
http://washington.org/
http://www.route40.net/page.asp?n=1
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_70
No comments:
Post a Comment