How do we let life get away from us so much..............
We didnt end up eating at Sprinkles as you can see. By this time the HGTV sign was out of there window and now a new sign was posted in Georgetown cupcakes window. They will be featured in the upcoming season. So we thought it would be fun to eat there and then get to watch how they do in the upcoming competition. Now, I am NOT a cupcake or cake fan!! I'd much rather have a fresh homemade cookie AnyDay! But wow, these were amazing. We had a toffee crunch, mint chocolate, blueberry cheese cake and banana split......... WHO KNEW cup cakes could be awesome!
When we left D.C. last we went to Georgetown to eat at Johnny Rockets....(There are two places we hit when we are hungry in D.C. Georgetown and Old Town Alexandria. Tons to choose from and nice local run businesses) Which was sooooo yummy. I live on a pretty strict mostly clean diet more of the time so getting to have chili cheese fries its a huge treat. And listening to classic American music you've selected at your little table jukebox cant be beat.
When were walking back to our car we noticed a big sign in one of the shop windows for HGTV, of which, I'm a huge fan. It was Sprinkles cupcake shop, which is owned by one of the woman on The CupCake Wars. My kids and I watched most of last season, its just so fun to see them get cayenne pepper, bananas, cacao beans and brandy and see what they come up with lol. And for some reason we kept right on walking. Said, "Wow, that's cool" but that was it. And when we were driving home, Hector and I were suddenly like, "Why didnt we go there????" Next time..........
Well this weekend we were brought back to D.C. sooner than expected. We recently lost our treasured friend, Jeremy Graczyk. This past weekend was his funeral at Arlington National cemetery. I'll write and post more about that later. But what I will say is that he was the kind of guy that lived life to the fullest! New Years Eve in Switzerland, Racing in Baja, Climbing Dragons nest, rock climbing, sky diving, and last but not least base jumping in Norway. He reminds us all to not let even the smallest opportunity pass us by.......... and that includes cupcakes!!!!
We didnt end up eating at Sprinkles as you can see. By this time the HGTV sign was out of there window and now a new sign was posted in Georgetown cupcakes window. They will be featured in the upcoming season. So we thought it would be fun to eat there and then get to watch how they do in the upcoming competition. Now, I am NOT a cupcake or cake fan!! I'd much rather have a fresh homemade cookie AnyDay! But wow, these were amazing. We had a toffee crunch, mint chocolate, blueberry cheese cake and banana split......... WHO KNEW cup cakes could be awesome!



3 comments:
Such a cute picture Charlene! Sounds like you had a good time. We will be in the DC area this coming week. Our son Stephen works at the Pentagon and lives in Falls Church, Virginia.
How cool is that. Nice memories nice picture.
Nancy
Charlotte... Have a great time!
Nancy, thanks : )
Post a Comment