Friday, October 3, 2008

Tinkerbell


So last night I took the kids to see Tinkerbell the movie. First of all I have to tell you how incredibly cute it was, not to mention pretty! This movie is really pretty : ) And not one thing in it to make you cringe, no innuendo's, no jokes for the parents sake nothing. And still the audience, adult and child cracked up out loud a bunch of times(I wish studios would get a clue about this).


Sierra has been reading these books since they came out when she was like in 2nd grade or so. And was so excited when we got the El Capitan flyer. For some reason, Disney decided to only release this movie at that one theater. It was going to be a regular released movie, then they said straight to DVD and then I guess they decided to at least put in one theater. When I sat down while the kids where at school yesterday, I was getting "caught up" on things and getting tickets for that movie was one of those things on my check list. And then I realized as I sat at the computer. Yesterday was the last day. I made a quick phone call hoping they had added days to it's engagement and of course the answer was no. They had to make room for the chihuahua movie. After seeing Tinkerbell I cringe at the thought that Disney thinks our kids need to be exposed to rich, pampered, dogs when our kids have enough great Hollywood real life people to look up to grrrrrrrr. Tinkerbell has a good message and nothing bad in it, lets tank it! Sounds good to me.......... Those Disney people are getting smarter and smarter. Ok done with my venting. Back to my story. So I sat there trying to consider, to buy or not to buy the tickets. To drive to Hollywood on a weekday/school night or not to. So, being me, I of course went for it. I map quested it, figured out when we had to leave, allotted time for the crazy traffic. Surprised the kids after school and told them we had to get our homework done quick. We left at 4:15 and it started at 7pm. So we made it out there so quick I was thinking ok we'll have 45 minutes to walk around the mall thats right across the street. LOL HA HA. That was a fleeting thought. Once we hit LA the GPS said we'd be there in 15 minutes (insert sinister giggle here) It took us an hour to get that 15 minute distance. We parked in the mall garage as usual, it was 7:05. We ran through the parking garage and mall, thankgoodness Luis limp is practically gone by now!! And also thankgoodness, we've parked there before because if you've ever parked there and gone through the mall to get to El Capitan you'll know it feels like you've fallen down the rabbit hole and the white rabbit is no where in sight. We got across the street grabbed our tickets at Will Call. Picked up our complimentary Popcorn and drinks, were escorted in just as TinkerBell (in costume) was leaving the stage and the movie started to roll.

And it was worth the late night out on a school night and the traffic. To show the kids, sometimes you just gotta go for it and have fun. : )

So now all of you have to "just do it" sometime this week! Just for me : ) And I expect to hear about it : )

No comments: