Friday, November 5, 2010

Another point for NC

I'm tallying points. I dont know why??? Cali's score is so high I dont even know how many points it has! The point it scored was for this cute little shop in Apex ( little town next to us) in there "Oldtown" area. Now their version of an Old town is literally like a block of store. Nothing like San Diego Gas Lamp or Sand Diego Old town. Or even like Temecula old town.... More Like Murrieta Old Town. Except Murrieta is making an effort to improve I hope by the time I get back. But this little shop I mentioned is so special. It offers decor for each season and holiday. So you walk in and its like Disneyland, it instantly puts you in good cheer. We went for the first time right when fall hit. The store is decorated from head to toe and everything is for sale. That table they are using to display local artists crafts is for sale! That painting on the wall and the fall, floral swag across the top... for sale! They have everything from homemade candles, soaps and jams to decor and stationary, to custom rugs and place mats. And it feels so homey. There are little treats to buy and eat and they usually have samples out and a Antique Coca Cola ice chest with mini glass bottle of coke that are perfect for the kids to get and which point they head to the stores front porch and play a game of chess. Shopping in peace?? What?? I love it here!
Now I know none of you can come visit this store but you can check out the website. They do have a few things you can purchase online but nothing like what available in store.
Oh! And remember that pic of my fall mantle? Those little candles I had up are from there. They are pretty much awesome. They are battery operated candles that flicker. They have been dipped in wax and feel totally like the real thing. Unlike some other versions I've purchased at Sams Club.
You know what I think I'll tell them tonight they should add those to there on-line catalog. They even had little strings of LED twinkle lights done in the same method that I must have!!!  We are heading there tonight for their Christmas Open House!!!! Cant wait! They close for a few days to re-do the whole store. Woot
http://www.therustybucket.biz/store/

No comments: