Christmas is coming!!!!
A few years ago Hector made a smart decision and started saving each paycheck for that years Christmas. That way we dont put anything on a card and get debt for a Christmas present!!!! Brilliant right? Its right on his knifty Excell Bills Document, "Christmas- X amount of dollars.So this year we decided to do something different! We are greatly downsizing Christmas and spending whats left over on traveling!!! I have heard of quite a few Christians that follow the Wisemens example by giving each family memeber 3 gifts. I thought this was genious, especially in todays society when our children are so spoiled! It trips me out to see Christmas lists with things like IPOD and laptop written on them! Are these kids nuts??? When I was a kids I felt to guilty to list anything over $30 bucks and if you did you wrote if I can have this then you dont have to get anything else with a smiley face LOL. These kids hand over lists totally thousands of dollars without even the slightest hesitation. 90% of the things on there are even owned by the adults they are asking to buy them these things. Ok so thats enough of my rant about Christmas lists. What I really want to talk about is my Vacation plans. Now we dont have Tons set aside to do anything crazy so I've been doing tons of research, really weighing out what would make the kids happy and still be an adventure for my husband and I. I've looked into several cruises, Walt Disney World, Washington DC. We've been to DC before as I mentioned in a prior post but again Luis was really young. And I think I'll put that one off till next year so Luis is a little bit older and not too unimpressed by being in our nations Capital. What I'd really love to do it a cruise to Europe. But them you have to fly to Spain???? That totally breaks the budget. Might as well fly there and just tour from there using the train. But once again, that is something I'd like to do when the kids are older and can be truely thankful and remember it all! So we are leaning towards Walt DisneyWorld. I so prefer Disneyland in Cali! It doesnt take forever to get to each park, everything is in walking distance, its cleaner, the people are wayyyy happier and friendly and the dining is not outragous. But Hector veto'd flying back to Cali : )
No comments:
Post a Comment