Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Somethings on the stairs!

Lets start off my stateing I'm a super light sleeper!! I was up frequently hearing noices in my house and then the decision is do I wake up Hector or not. I usually lay there, eyes wide open, blinking into the darkness waiting to see if I hear anything else.
Last night there was no hesitation in wakeing up Hector!! Even though it never fails that he is pissed at me for waking him. Something had just come up the stairs and it wasnt quiet about it! So there I was whispering and shakeing Mr. trying to pull him out of his sleep as he grumbles at me. Finally he comes to, gives me a few grumpy comments and finally gets up to go check things out. Unless there is live fire or a some sort of expolsive going off in our house I dont think he'd wake up on his own. He walks down the hall of the upstairs by the kids bedrooms, goes into our daughters room, who's door that is usually closed at night is apparently open. I hear the cat meow so I know that cat is in her room, so it wasnt him, plus it was way to loud to be him. So Hector comes wondering back in, not checking anything or anywhere else and says its nothing. So now I have to get up cuz it was obviously something. It was loud and came all the way up the stairs. I head to Sierras room first and what do I see?? A huge cat toy, one that kids made, with a big ol' mouse at the end of a string that the tied to a stick from outside. IT WAS HIM! That little brat, he had dragged that mouse, trailing the stick all the way up the stairs and scared the living daylights out of me. Of course I was Sierra up to ask if that toy was there last night and it wasnt.

On a side note, Grizzly, our cat, is a Secret toy player. Isnt that weird? He doesnt play with toys when anyone else is watching. We just know he does because we find them all over the house when we wake up or come home. And he doesnt play with small cute mice or jingle balls. He plays with beanie baby sized toys, toys that I would just love to see him carrying around but have yet to catch him..... I've even hid around corners after placeing the toys near him in hopes of catching him. But alas, he's just to smart for me and too cool to be seen playing with toys!