Last night was nice : ) We never really "do" anything for New Years. We have kids and seems like we've always had kids, well we have. And New Years is not much a family scene. But I noticed all the other families saying the same thing this year. So I've decided when we move back home, we are doing Family Friendly New Years Eve for all of our friends and family!! We will BBQ, play RockBand and Farkle and Mexican Train. They kids will go wild with toys and games in the playroom and well dance and act like dork in the living room. Woot. That is years from now though.... so a big WHAAA for me.
But last night turned out great. I made steak, lobster and a Ceasar salad. We drank Martinellis and Sparkling Wine, we all said a prayer for the old and new year, the kids wrote Christmas Resolutions and read them, the kids each read a New Years Eve poem and we played of game of guess the country as I read off how to say Happy New Years in different languages. We played some Little Big Planet, read some books and then of course watched the Ball Drop and blew our noise makers. It was quiet but cozy and I enjoyed it.
Miss you all!! And spend this New Year wisely!

1 comment:
Happy New Year Charlene! So fun to see your great photos from Disney world. We got a Christmas present of learning that we are going to be great grandparents! Our grandson Daniel and Amanda, married in August will have a little one next August. Surprise, Surprise!
Post a Comment