So we have decided to give a little tweak to our daily diet. When I say diet I mean, way of eating. We do not diet. At least I dont! Most of you know I used to have an eating disorder, a mild one, since I've always been a healthy person and knew it was not "healthy" to have those kind of habits. So I do not diet. Dieting just pisses me off. But we eat healthy and take the weekend off. That doesnt mean we eat candy bars all day. It just means, we can have a piece of candy or some ice cream, bake cookies or go out to eat, have a bowl of sugar cereal, put cream cheese on something or have some soda with a meal. But Hector came home with a diet he wanted to try. All of his marine co-workers were trying it and having great results. Like I said before, I do not diet. But like I usually do I researched this "diet'. Its called the "Slow-Carb Diet".
http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/2007/04/06/how-to-lose-20-lbs-of-fat-in-30-days-without-doing-any-exercise/
This diet is kind of like the no carb diet but it includes veggies. What it does not include is fruit. That did not seem right to me. So I did tons of research on diets that do not include fruit. The benefit of not eating fruit and benefits of eating fruit. My conclusion was cutting out any staple out of the human diet will of course cut calories and make you loose weight. But is it the best thing for you?? Fruit gives you Anti-oxidant's, fiber and vitamins and minerals. And I learned allot about fruit. They are actually the quickest for natural energy. I thought the go to for energy was carbs. And yes, they will last you longer because they are more complex and take longer to digest so for a super long bike ride, eat a big helping of pasta. But for a quick boost that will leave you feeling light and only needs to last say and half an hour to an hour, eat a piece of fruit. NOT Fruit Juice. I also learned, fruit should not be eaten with other foods???? I had never heard this. But it makes perfect sense. Ever eat breakfast and it kills your tummy?? I thought it was grease or something, but its say orange juice and a carb or meat combo. You body will go to processing the protein of carb first and let the fruit wait till later and so it starts to ferment!!! And then later when the body goes to process it you probably dont need that energy any more and so it packs it on as fat! That sucks. So from now on we will only eat fresh fruit no more juice and we will only eat fruit by itself as a snack between meals.
http://www.eatcleandiet.com/
Now, Ive been considering the Clean Diet for a while now. I cant write much about it except that it seems to be not eating processed foods. BUt you get to eat all the food groups. Ive requested a book from the library about it. But out diet from here on out will be sort of like the slow carb diet and the clean diet. We are cutting out allot of carbs like the slow diet but not completely we will still eat clean carbs like oatmeal and rice. We are getting rid of fruit juice like I mentioned before, cereal, crackers things like that. We will reduce out carb intake but not eliminate it. Any pasta we eat will be whole great in order to not chance eating any processed flour. My goal is to only have two dinners a week the include carbs. And when I am saying carbs, I do not mean veggies and fruit, just grains. Although, potatoes can hardly be considered a veggie. Same with breakfast and lunches.
So we'll see how this goes. And I'm sure I'll find out more along the way from reading the books and doing research online. And any added info is greatly appreciated!!!!
http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/2007/04/06/how-to-lose-20-lbs-of-fat-in-30-days-without-doing-any-exercise/
This diet is kind of like the no carb diet but it includes veggies. What it does not include is fruit. That did not seem right to me. So I did tons of research on diets that do not include fruit. The benefit of not eating fruit and benefits of eating fruit. My conclusion was cutting out any staple out of the human diet will of course cut calories and make you loose weight. But is it the best thing for you?? Fruit gives you Anti-oxidant's, fiber and vitamins and minerals. And I learned allot about fruit. They are actually the quickest for natural energy. I thought the go to for energy was carbs. And yes, they will last you longer because they are more complex and take longer to digest so for a super long bike ride, eat a big helping of pasta. But for a quick boost that will leave you feeling light and only needs to last say and half an hour to an hour, eat a piece of fruit. NOT Fruit Juice. I also learned, fruit should not be eaten with other foods???? I had never heard this. But it makes perfect sense. Ever eat breakfast and it kills your tummy?? I thought it was grease or something, but its say orange juice and a carb or meat combo. You body will go to processing the protein of carb first and let the fruit wait till later and so it starts to ferment!!! And then later when the body goes to process it you probably dont need that energy any more and so it packs it on as fat! That sucks. So from now on we will only eat fresh fruit no more juice and we will only eat fruit by itself as a snack between meals.
http://www.eatcleandiet.com/
Now, Ive been considering the Clean Diet for a while now. I cant write much about it except that it seems to be not eating processed foods. BUt you get to eat all the food groups. Ive requested a book from the library about it. But out diet from here on out will be sort of like the slow carb diet and the clean diet. We are cutting out allot of carbs like the slow diet but not completely we will still eat clean carbs like oatmeal and rice. We are getting rid of fruit juice like I mentioned before, cereal, crackers things like that. We will reduce out carb intake but not eliminate it. Any pasta we eat will be whole great in order to not chance eating any processed flour. My goal is to only have two dinners a week the include carbs. And when I am saying carbs, I do not mean veggies and fruit, just grains. Although, potatoes can hardly be considered a veggie. Same with breakfast and lunches.
So we'll see how this goes. And I'm sure I'll find out more along the way from reading the books and doing research online. And any added info is greatly appreciated!!!!
1 comment:
I have been hearing a lot about the clean diet. I agree with you about not eliminating fruit. The only really helpful fruit juice for me has been unsweetened cranberry juice to prevent bladddar infections. I sweeten it with splenda and it really works.
Post a Comment