Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Last night ,,,,

Luis when to a batting clinic. It was through the city and at the local minor league team's practice complex. Which was super nice. He hasnt played since we moved out here, so I'm really glad they have these little pre season clinic. He LOVED being on a regulation size field and was so excited when he hit a couple balls that made it to the outfield on the same size field that professionals play on. Out here there is a good league that play Cal Ripken rules which is how our AllStars play back home and then theres the city league. I decided to put him in city league this season and then let him try out for the good league in the fall. That way all this time off of baseball wont affect his chances. Hopefully he wont be to far behind the skills of his friends back home when we return. I kind of got worried last night that that may be the case unless we keep his skills up ourselves. I was talking with a dad that coaches and I mentioned I went and watched the good league play and that when they throw it in they call time like our All Stars back home . Which I think it weird but he said he likes it cuz it prevents good teams from making triple plays............. Our old team, was the team making triple plays : ( Not that LUis was a top player on the team, he was average but it makes it more fun when we team them to really play the game. Other teams would call and complain about our kids sliding, making triple plays, tagging out instead of just catching out, and getting their kids in a pickle!  But our boys had the most fun!!

No comments: